Monday, June 10, 2013

Dusting the Cobwebs Off...


I am feeling another itch to start writing, although I have told God that if he wants me to write, He has to tell me what to write about:). I have a feeling it is going to be just about continuing to share my story, because that's really all I have.

Jason and I are about to celebrate our ten year anniversary! We have a trip to the beach planned and we are so excited! We even have been working out and trying to get in good shape to look our bests for each other:). Who says 10 years of marriage and 3 children should look frumpy? Not me.

I was thinking today about the time in my life just before I met Jason. I was 23 and certain that I was going to be single for the rest of my life. I mean, because 23 is SO OLD. Right? One day, I locked myself into my bedroom determined to hear from God in regards to why He was having me live this life of solitude:). I was a flight attendant, I came across thousands of people a day,  and I saw girls my age meeting men and marrying right and left, yet no-one was interested in me! Looking back, I think it was God protecting me and saving me for His plan and timing.  

So I sat in my room, with my bible in my hands, kind of doing the, "I don't know where to look, but please take me to the right page and tell me something God!!" thing. I remember reading through the story of Abraham and his descendants and feeling like I had a grip on all the characters for the first time. Clearly that didn't last, because I still get confused:).  And then I went to the Psalms and I found this, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and He will give you the desires of your heart." And I knew that was my word from Him. I knew He was telling me that scripture didn't mean that I would get everything I ever wanted in life, rather that if I was 100% trusting in him, my desires would become his desires and He would honor those. I remember calling a friend and mentor of mine that day and telling her, "it's ok if I never get married. It's ok that I haven't met anyone bc as long as I continue trusting in God, He is going to give me the desires of my heart. I am not worried anymore about if I am going to get married." And I meant it with all my heart. I just knew that I could trust God and that it was all going to work out. I surrendered the search. I quit trying to do God's job for him.

Not even a couple of weeks later, I ran into an old grade school friend who put me in touch with Jason Carlettini. Low and behold, a few people in our small hometown had already talked about what a good couple the two of us would make. He was working with students, and I was working with students and I believe that is another lesson for young people. If you are unmarried, just chase after the Lord, and do what He has for you and just might end up looking to the side and finding someone else pursuing God that He has destined you to meet.

The rest is history, and a very good one at that. Jason has taught me and encouraged me so much in my walk with the Lord. And he has loved me wholeheartedly in such a way that I never could have imagined. The way he shows me his love and lays down his life for me is pretty amazing. God has been very faithful and good to us. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Mindy! My name is Heather and I wanted to know if you would be able to answer my question about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are a treat! Thank for stopping by:).