Friday, October 1, 2010

Great Turn-out!

So yesterday was our first day of "In my shoes," and it was a big hit! Thank you so much Misty for sharing with us. I know my eyes have been opened to so many things since I met Misty Mac in regards to many things, but as to children with disabilities as well. My heart has been opened to the unknown and it's a good thing. The night before Misty guest posted, I was at HEB and saw a family with a little boy who had DS. So many times, when something is "unknown" to me, it makes me uncomfortable. The other night, I felt like I knew a little bit about that family, even though everyone's story is different. I felt more connected to them. How cool?? In the next coming weeks and months, it is my prayer that all of us will be a little bit more sensitive to things that we haven't experienced. Just to give you a tiny sneak peek, we will have guests sharing about adoption, being a missionary, surviving infidelity, surviving cancer, and many more. I can hardly contain my excitement! I am so thankful for these beautiful women who are willing to be so vulnerable. To God be the glory!!

Thank you for reading yesterday and thank you for your support and encouragement!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are a treat! Thank for stopping by:).