Sunday, October 24, 2010

Kisses from God

Today was a great morning at The Crossing and I just HAVE to share my really cool story! There are 3 things that I have diligently been praying for since before The Crossing was born.

1. I have been praying for The Crossing.
2. I have been praying that God would provide a house that was perfect for us and within our means.
3. I have been praying for our new neighbors.

I have been praying that God would bless The Crossing, that people would be drawn to it, and that He would provide opportunities for us to serve people and to tell them about the love of Jesus. I'm praying for transformed lives. For redeemed lives.

I really wanted a house that would be a good, practical use of space for our family. A few things I hoped for was a bathtub because I LOVE soaking in the tub! I really wanted a space to do homeschool,  a living space large enough to have people over, Jason needs to be able to office from home, and just a few other things like that.  Well, my friends, God provided the PERFECT house for us with all of the above and MORE!

We have been so blessed with good neighbors, and I really desired to have that again. We love our neighbors and we love being able to make last minute plans with them. The boys have a friend across the street that they love and play with several times a week. My heart desires that again because I know how special it is to them.

So...today, I was visiting with a lady who has visited our church a couple of times. We really hit it off and were jabbing away for about 10 minutes. Then, I told her that we were moving soon and I told her the subdivision that we live in...

"Oh yeah, we live in that subdivision. We really like it there."
"Cool, What street do you live on?"
"Misty Lane."
"Misty Lane is the street RIGHT BEFORE ours!"

The neighborhood we are moving into is BIG!! There are LOTS of streets, and God brought our new neighbor to THE CROSSING (our new church!) AND get this...she has a 7 year old boy and a two year old girl!! I still can't believe it and I am so thankful that our God is so cool like that! It was such a sweet gift from Him and a confirmation to me that He is indeed hearing the prayers that come from little old me! So, so cool. I love Him and I am so excited to see the things HE is going to do at The Crossing, in our new home, and in our new neighborhood:).

On another note, this is a blog post that I wrote in February of 2007 when we moved into the house we are now moving out of. I am feeling a lot of the same sentiments!

We just moved into a new house. We are so excited and love living right in the middle of town where it is convenient for us to be around people and to have people over. It is an exciting move. After we moved into our house, I had to go back to our previous place and do the "really good" final clean. I went by myself and it was quiet, very unusual for me. I actually enjoyed it, but don't tell my husband that! I couldn't help but feel a little bit sad. As I was cleaning out every room, I had one memory after another flash through my head. We only lived in that apartment for 8 months, but in that 8 months, it became our home. Our haven. We made memories there, and it was good. My children have changed so much in that house. My toddler has learned so many new words, and my baby has moved from a bassinet to his crib. He went from sleeping in 4 to 6 hour intervals to sleeping a full 12 hours. He started crawling, he started eating solid foods. It is bittersweet to look back on these moments. I also thought of all the other moves in my life as I was cleaning. I thought about singing Wide Open Spaces by the Dixie Chicks when I moved out of my parents house as a teenager! Change is good and exciting, but it is always a little sad at the same time. At least for me it is...

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are a treat! Thank for stopping by:).