Monday, February 28, 2011

1000 Gifts

Friends, I cannot encourage you enough to read One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.  It is an incredible book with a life-changing message.  It is the reason why I started counting gifts...


holy experience


from my kids...

1. my DS
2. wii
3. Indiana Jones
4. Jengo Fett Costume
5. Star Wars
6. our toy guns
7. light sabars
8. bugs bunny
9. my brother
10. my sister
11. legos
12. candy
13. my knife sword
14. my friends
15. Hunter's sword
16. Valentines Day cards
17. getting packages or cards in the mail
18. chocolate bunnies
19. spiderman toy
20. new dragon toy
21. Ben 10 cups
22. our basketball goal
23. family time outside
24. fresh slates
25. the Star Wars show that comes on tomorrow
26. our new clothes from Hunter
27. corndogs
28. mommy being a good cook
29. chicken spaghetti
30 . Gatorade smoothies by daddy
31. the game of basketball
32. honey biscuits
33. bacon
34. popcorn
35. our special blankets
36. croutons
37. daddy
38. our friends from church
39. mommy
40. transformers
41. grandparents
42. Nana's TV
43. The Avengers
44. X-Men and Wolverine
45. my cousins
46. ice cream
47. breakfast sandwiches
48. Bryce's baptism celebration party
49. Brice's birthday party
50. my smashed fingernail is growing back
51. bike rides
52. star wars shirts
53. playing UNO
54. loose teeth
55. tooth fairy
56. Noland's birthday party
57. The Cave Without A Name

3 comments:

  1. We love bike rides in our family. Some of the kids are hoping to get out this afternoon, in fact. I enjoyed your list. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m here from Ann’s today – I know it’s Tuesday – reading lots of lists takes some time :)

    Of your “thank you’s” this week my favorite was : 53. playing UNO (oh the memories that surround this game – and the new ones being made – and soooooo competitive – but full of laughter every time – I usually go for the “lofty” spiritual ones – but seriously – UNO? Had to go for that :)

    And, amen about Ann’s book – and I remember when my list started with the number one. Thank you for making one more amazing list for me to read.

    God Bless you and all of yours

    ReplyDelete

Comments are a treat! Thank for stopping by:).