Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Life's Healing Choices- Choice Three

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
Matthew 5:5

As I read through this chapter, I found myself thinking, "this is great. this is REALLY good stuff especially for those who have not put their faith and trust in Jesus Christ, but I have. I did 10 years ago, so how does this apply to me NOW?"

And God answered...are you ready??? Turn the lights down and get ready for something spectacular...!!!

He said, "now get on with it!!"  I believed that Christ was my savior, and have believed it for 10 years, I have trusted that He has good things for me, and that He is enabling me to live a righteous life, and currently  He is showing me all of these lies I believed, He is replacing them with His truths, and now he is telling me to "believe Him and get on with it!!!"

So let me back up. These are a few of the lies I believed.

Lie 1. I am your father in heaven and I want you to work for me now. Get out there and make me proud!!

Replaced with, " I have loved you with an everlasting love. I am proud of you because you are mine. I made you and I remember what you are made of. Your "shortcomings" are no surprise to me and I am NOT keeping a tally of them, they are NOT what defines you."

Jeremiah 31:3; Isaiah 43:1; Genesis 2:7; Romans 8:1

Lie 2. You are not safe and you must protect yourself at all times.

Replaced with, " I am your protector. You will never be and you NEVER WERE alone. I have been with you all along, eager to comfort you. Come to me and I WILL comfort you. Yes, I gave you a brain to set boundaries with, but some things are/were out of your control and even then, especially then, I AM WITH YOU. "

 Psalm 68:5; Deuteronomy 31:6; Matthew 5:4

Lie 3. Don't let others see the REAL you. Don't let them see the ways you fall short and/or the fears you have in your heart because then you will be unlovable and no one will like you or want to keep you in their lives.

Replaced with, "I see the real you. You are covered in the blood of Christ. I see your heart and I think it is beautiful. I made that heart remember. I know your fears, I know your vulnerabilities and they do not intimidate me in the least bit. Please share them with me. And please find safe sisters in Christ to share them with as well bc they aren't going to leave you either.  In fact, your vulnerabilities might make them feel a little more comfortable with their own. EVEN if everyone else abandons you though, even if, I NEVER WILL. And even if every single one of your "secrets" are exposed, it WILL NOT change your identity. Your identity is in me and in me ALONE.

Isaiah 43:1; 2 Corinthians 5:7-12; 2 Corinthians 5:17

SO, I am believing Christ Jesus for what He says to be true. I am clinging to these promises and I am "getting on with it already!!"

Thank you Jesus.

One last thing that God showed me through various avenues was that I forgot to let him hold me, and I went straight to the helping me part. I never dealt with the hurts, habits, and hang-ups from my past. I just pushed right through them. I pulled myself up from my bootstraps if you will, and went straight ahead. God has brought me through a precious season where I am reminded to let him ALWAYS hold me first. That's His hearts desire. Then and only then, can He help me in a way that stands the test of time.

Choice Three
 Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ's care and control.


Life's Healing Choices -Choice One
Life's Healing Choices- Choice Two

also. don't forget to check out our church's website to hear Marty and Jason preach on this series, based on the beatitudes. 





1 comment:

  1. fist pumps and rejoicing! I forgot to tell you the irony as we talked on the phone last night- I was wearing a shirt that said "Get up and Go!" ... Thank you for speaking truth. I know I will be back here to review and remind myself in the future of these truths.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are a treat! Thank for stopping by:).