Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Lifes Healing Choices- Choice Six

Happy are those who are merciful to others.
Happy are those who work for peace.
Matthew 5: 7 and 9

So this week, as I cracked open the book, I am not going to lie... I was kind of like, "ok, I'm ready to move on to a different thing." BUT I embraced the book and my sweet friend must have been feeling the same thing when she prayed, "God, help us to finish this strong and not fizzle out!!" She read my mind!

The bottom line of this chapter for me was this. I need to be a forgiving person. All the time. No matter what. Why?? Because God forgave me, because resentment doesn't work, and because one day in the future, I will need forgiveness.

Sometimes I try to make this more confusing than it is, but it's really pretty simple. Here is a tricky part. Allowing myself to forgive means acknowledging wrongdoings and oftentimes, denial is easier. BUT denial is a prison.

I realize I am not elaborating much but that's just kind of where I am at right now.

In the beginning of this book, I examined my past and realized some ways that I was in the wrong for things that are a part of my past. Things that I had never asked forgiveness for. I struggled because I didn't want to open up old wounds and I didn't want to be a deterrence to the other parties involved. God so graciously showed me that I can ask for forgiveness without anyone else knowing IF it is a situation where that is the most effective. So that's what I did. I am forgiven.  Thank you Jesus.

All this to say, when I got to the assignment part of this chapter, I kind of felt like I already had done it, but I am still open to God showing me other things that may need to be addressed if necessary.

One last note, forgiveness is a constant, fluid, way of living. Every day I can choose to forgive and overlook offenses, or I can be Ms. Super Sensitive and take every little thing personally. I choose the latter. (You might have to remind me of this on some days!!) But that truly is my desire.

Choice Six
Evaluate all of my relationships.
Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me, and make amends for harm I have done to others, except when to do so would harm them or others.

Choice One
Choice Two
Choice Three
Choice Four

The Crossing's website where you can find encouraging messages that enhance the journey of this book and healing journey:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are a treat! Thank for stopping by:).